Katherine is a Data Governance and Data Protection Consultant at Castlebridge Associates.
A connection-maker, researcher, and educator, Katherine brings her rigorous background in academic research, textual analysis, and andragogy to the subjects of Data Governance and Data Protection. Since joining Castlebridge Associates in 2013 after tutoring and lecturing at University College Dublin and St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra, Katherine has advised and trained clients in the telecommunications, transportation, education, and not-for-profit sectors.
Representative consulting and advisory projects include:
- Data protection advisory and training support to one of the largest providers of secondary and further education in Ireland.
- Analysis and design of a Data Governance Strategic roadmap for a leading Irish telecommunications company.
- Subject access request advisory and support for an education sector client.
- Identification and definition of Data Governance priorities and development of a strategy and roadmap for a large organization in the transportation sector.
- Data protection and compliance reviews for a number of clients in the Irish not-for-profit sector.
- Design, development and delivery of a variety of bespoke Data Governance and Data Protection training programmes for clients in various sectors, using traditional classroom-based, e-learning, and blended delivery methods.
In addition to her consulting and advisory practice, Katherine is researching the communication of data related concepts in plain English, or “translating data to human”. She has recently presented at an international Data Governance conference on using fairy tales to communicate change management for data governance.
She is also currently researching gamification as a solution for public outreach and education on Privacy Rights and Data Protection, with potential applications in Information Governance and Information Quailty training and management education.
Katherine has co-written public consultation documents on Data Governance in the public sector, a chapter on using Agile Data Governance in a regulatory environment, and white papers on Subject Access Requests, the privacy implications of instant messaging in a medical context, and Information Governance Strategy for the implementation of Health Identifiers.
MA, PhD, University College Dublin. IAPP certification