Senior Data Governance Specialist – Metadata Management, MBNA | Chester, UK
The Senior Data Governance Specialist objective is to facilitate the implementation of Data Governance practises in MBNA by developing the necessary processes, configuring Data Governance tools and specific deliverables in order to measurably improve the quality of our data, simplification and improvement of our most critical operational and reporting processes by embedding a good data management practises in our organization while working in partnership with business data stewards and technology teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports the Data Governance Lead in the development and execution of the Data Governance Strategy and Execution Plan.
- Participate in the creation of Data Governance knowledge repository focusing on the main DG disciplines.
- Coordinates with operational data stewards to create measure definitions for data quality measurement reports and dashboards.
- Maintains communication with data stewards to ensure visual formatting of reports adheres to organizational standards.
- Collaborates with the Data Stewards, Architecture, and Information Technology to drive process excellence in data governance and data management discipline
- Ensures operational data stewards define data quality business rules, creates and maintains business glossary, works with source system owners to profile and remediate data quality issues.
- Creates enterprise policies, guidelines and processes for governing data and metadata across the organization.
- Creates, centralizes and maintains Data Dictionary and Glossary of terms in collaboration with Data Stewards.
- Establishes and maintains programs to monitor and measure data governance adoption and achievement of program objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate enterprise reporting library with associated reporting metadata.
- Serves as escalation support for data governance and data management, and leads the development of training documentation for users on as-needed basis.
- Manage the process flow between Data Stewards, Data Quality Analysts and Data Owners
- Develop and manage DG process and controls around data elements used in various BI applications
- Develop metadata repository: business, technical and operational metadata.
- Define the necessary processes to embed Data Governance into the change process
Essential Experience and Technical Qualifications
- Strong background with Data Analysis using either SQL, SAS or equivalent
- Proven Data Management experience
- Training or equivalent experience of official Data Management Body of Knowledge
- Strategic thinking and proven experience on knowledge and adoption of Data Management practices.
- Data Modelling, Enterprise Architecture techniques would be highly beneficial.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and seek to ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, responsibilities for dependants and physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview and placement based on their skill set and ability to meet genuine business requirements of a particular role.
For people passionate about data in the North West of England this is a rare opportunity to make things happen: we have teeth, mandate, executive support, skills and dedication to make it real.
We are looking forward to welcoming you into the team.
Head of Data Governance, MBNA